+ I need help paying my utility bills.

The Government of Alberta has introduced a 90 day utility bill deferral program. This is not cancellation of bills, but it is a pause of payments.

To learn more, visit the Alberta Utilities Commission website. To contact, e-mail, call 310-4822 (in Alberta) or 780-644-5130 if you have issues arranging payments for utilities.

+ How can I avoid eviction?

Evictions happen when payments are not made in a timely manner. To avoid this, please make your payments in time. If you require specific assistance, please refer to Alberta Support.

The Government of Alberta recommends tenants and landlords try to negotiate payment plans if the tenant is struggling to pay rent due to COVID-19 (Source).

+ I am evicted and have nowhere to go.

Here are some options: